Monday, July 23, 2007

Stamp a cake!


My husband was asked to bake a cheesecake by a friend -- it was for a special training event that they have been hosting, and the cake was to be part of the "graduation" celebration, thus the message that you see...

Well, I am not bad at decorating cakes, but I am not a pro, either -- I am, however, pretty good at stamping Sooooo...

And, to top it off, the cheesecake cracked (in good cheesecake fashion -- if anyone has tips on keeping that from happening, would you please email me? Thanks!) Soooo --- the ribbon was designed to sort of hide the crack while also providing a nice, rich effect. In real life, I think it achieved it pretty well -- the camera picked up the crack more than it showed...

My DH is known far and wide for his cheesecake -- it gets the "Oh My G-d!" award at the local gatherings, and is the first dessert to disappear whenever it is placed among many. I am quite proud of him, in case you can't tell.

Well, we are doing a date afternoon and evening, but I was so excited to post my first photo and to give you all the fantastic details of my discovery about stamping on cakes... I just had to use some of this valuable time to type! Now I am thinking about stamping my kid's birthday cakes... imagine being able to do something incredible in advance and to place it on a pedestal of marshmallows... then to put it in the photo album next to all the great photos ;^)* I love to bake the cakes, but decorating at the last minute is tough (I want to be doing other things!) ... and this is such a nice solution!

Tomorrow I am so lucky to be able to go to my friend Susan's house to stamp -- all day long, DH is off of work (more on that some other time) and I get to PLAY while he gets to have fun with our two girls (yay for them). I will take photos and post those as I can!

Recipe for a cake topper: Rubber Stampede "Congratulations" stamp, SU basic black ink, SU black and white card stock, black Stickles and pink glitter glue (stolen from my DD!), wired ribbon from Michael's dollar bin, versamarker and gold embossing powder, Marvy giga scalloped oval and circle punches.

No comments: