Thursday, August 2, 2007

Have you tried the new Basic Gray ink from Stampin' Up! ?

Well, I am liking it, folks.

I mean, it is the new black, as far as I am concerned! Early in my SU career, a demo showed me the power of stamping in Chocolate Chip to soften the look of outline images. Since I enjoy coloring with blender pens or watercolor pencils, I began using Basic Brown to ensure a better waterproof status -- now the Basic Gray promises the same waterproof nature, but instead of brown, which might not go with everything, I get to go gray... Lovin' It!

I am beginning to play with inks in a new way -- noticing that I don't have to settle for images that are less than crisp... I am watching the way different brands of ink and paper play together... and I am getting ready to step off into the world of prismacolor and oderless mineral spirits. Heck, I haven't even sharpened the set of pencils I bought months ago! Sigh.

And, to top it off... I can't seem to get the time to assemble all the parts of cards I have been working on. I promise, when I do get time from these wonderful little ones, I will assemble things and get them posted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial Julie! Very informative in how well worded and descriptive you were! You know they say that if one knows how to describe what they want really well, then life is just as good as how you describe it :)
Its great for people who feel like time is running against them and then land on your blog and feel like a whole burden was just lifted off of their shoulder.. I admire and respect people who take time to make it easier for others.. Thanks a bunch! :)